Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Whole Wheat English Muffins


Don't these look like store bought English Muffins???
My mom and I made this on the weekend, and they were pretty good for homemade.
These english muffins had some interesting ingredients including nonfat powdered milk..... and some interesting tools like canning jar rings...

I would give the website a look through and give these english muffins a try for something different.
Some comments on the recipe:
The only thing my mom and I changed was the flour...we used whole wheat flour.
Make sure to make the english muffins 1/4 cup or smaller otherwise they take longer to cook through. Also keep the temperature on low when cooking the muffins in a frying pan.

On Monday, I went to a professional development day workshop. Our keynote speaker, Dean Shareski, was fantastic. He talked about integrating technology into the classroom. One thing that was particularly AMAZING was that he decided to teach himself how to play the guitar. He ended up posting his own videos, then students from a school in the states gave him video feedback and tutorials! SO AMAZING to see these high school students teaching him what they know about music.
He also talked alot about the education system and how its not really working...teachers are over worked...we aren't connecting or sharing as teachers...

Anyways I thought I would share a couple of things from the workshop........
first...a funny video..
this is his house....


One last thing that I will leave you with is something he said about using technology...

"How can technology make us more human?"
How can we use technology to connect and share with people rather than just "looking something up"?
I feel like I have these comments stuck in my head whenever I am on the computer now...
How can I connect with people via the technology??
Thankfully...blogging is my first step to connecting with more people!!!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment