Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crossfit

I have been trying very hard to find a fitness plan that works for my lifestyle. Since September I have been working hard on a running program so that I could run a 5k last week with some lovely ladies. 

We missed you Courtney!!

Along with running, Allen and I have been doing crossfit routines at the firehall gym. One of the other firefighters is in charge of fitness so he has put up a couple crossfit routines.
Here's one that we tried:

Warm Up:
10 push ups x3
10 sit ups x3
10 pullups x3*
*I cant do pullups yet so I just skip this step. 
10 squads x3

The workout:
7 kettleball swings
7 burpees
7 step ups*
*I can't remember exactly what this was called but basically I step up and off a weight bench.
You have 10 minutes to see how many times you can do this circuit. I recommen blasting some loud, pump up music and just giver on this!!


Source

After trying that crossfit routine, I was itching to find some additional ideas. Through the wonders of pinterest I found this crossfit routine. This link is great for giving a break down week by week to get into shape. I adapted it for me.

Here's what it looked like:
12 forward lunges
10 pushups
10 lunge jumps
10 squats
10 tricep dips
10 burpees
You have 8 minutes to complete this workout.
I think I got through it 2 1/2 times before time was up. Even Allen said his legs were feeling it. I totally recommend trying these workouts or find your own.
*If you aren't sure what all the exercises look like just youtube it :)

Source
Have you tried crossfit before? Any good workouts?
B

1 comment: