Saturday, December 10, 2011

Simple Black Bean Enchiladas

Allen and I didn't know what to have for dinner tonight...and I started to get grumpy as I was starving and didn't know what I wanted to eat. I decided to turn to the internet to inspire me for dinner. I found these black bean enchiladas and adapted them a tad.

Source

You will have to excuse the lack of photos... I took a photo on instagram, but it didn't seem to go through so now I am sans a photo!

So here is the recipe (adapted from While He Was Napping)

Black Bean Enchiladas
Ingredients:
2 skinless, chicken breasts, thinly sliced and cooked
*I seasoned the chicken with a texmex seasoning
1 1/2 cups of cheese (we used mozzarella)
1 can of black beans
1 can of refried beans
1 can of enchilada
Salsa
6 Whole wheat tortillas

Lay out a tortilla and spread some refried beans onto half of the tortilla. Then lay chicken, black beans, cheese and salsa on. Roll 'her up and place (seam side down) into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Repeat until all 6 tortillas are nicely placed into the dish. Pour a jar of enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas and sprinkle remaining cheese and black beans on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serve with some veggies and sour cream.

Some suggestions:
Veggies...veggies!! I am trying to increase the amount of veggies in each meal. I think Allen and I both agreed that this dish needed more veggies. I think some cooked red peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, or corn may be good. We served our enchiladas with a side caesar salad.

I would definately suggest trying this dish. It was so simple and delicious!
B
PS. I promise I will increase the amount of photos!!!!

1 comment: