Thursday, December 22, 2011

Honey and Walnut Salmon



I managed to find another piece of salmon hanging out in our freezer so I got to test out a new recipe.

Honey and Walnut Salmon
4 tsp walnuts or pecans
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp soy sauce
4 salmon fillets
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Sprinke fish with salt and pepper (I omitted this step...I forgot and didn't think it needed it). Place fish in a baking dish then spread marinade onto fish. *I would recommend covering the dish with tin foil before placing the fish and marinade in.
Cover and marinate in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish is flakey. *When the fish was almost done baking I lowered the temperature a bit as the honey was really starting to burn.

I served this with salad and rice. Allen and I both really liked the fish. I think next time I may chop the nuts finer so they stay on the fish better.
I would definately recommend trying this recipe though!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment