Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins


Sorry that I am a little late with my Coombs photos.. things have been busy around here.
Amanda and I's Sunday trip to Coombs was a success!
We bought some good second hand books...
We found some lovely finds at the market...
We had a delicious lunch...
We bought awesome scarves...
and we shared some laughs...including discussions about carved wood penis chairs...and "moose" versus "meese"

Here are some the beautiful fruits I saw...




I love the Coombs Market. So amazing!!
Now onto other housekeeping..
I have a couple recipes that I want to pass on...

Todays recipe is Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins.
Recipe adapted from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup Bran Buds
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 egg, beaten with a fork
1/4 cup oil or melted butter
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups blueberries

1. Combine oats, bran buds and buttermilk in a small bowl. Add beaten egg and oil. Set aside.
2. Combine dry ingredients, stirring to blend well.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until just moistened, then fold in blueberries.
4. Fill greased or paper lined muffins tins.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 12 large muffins

*Note: to sub in milk for buttermilk mix 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice to milk. Set aside till it curdles.

I just tasted one of these bad boys and they were delicious!
Hope you enjoy them!
Next post...Grilled Cauliflower!
B

2 comments:

  1. love it!!! I definitely gotta hit up coombs when I get home. we still all going to get together september long? what are your guys plans? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your fruit pics turned out great! Still laughing thinking about the two of us talking about meese hahahah and the penis light! Too funny, my friend!

    ReplyDelete