Monday, August 15, 2011

Butternut Squash Fries


Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I don't know where the time has been going.
This past weekend Allen and I went fishing again.
The fishing was awesome...
Not sleeping because I thought every sound I heard was a bear....not so awesome.
Yes, I am a bit of a stress case when it comes to bears...or cougars...apparently rain drops on the tent...you name it.
Oh well...
Anyways photos to come!
Just wanted to quickly let you know I was still alive and to give you this awesome recipe.


Butternut Squash Fries
Recipe adapted from a number of website recipes

1 butternut squash
Veggie oil
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Clean squash of inner stuff (seeds, etc.)
Cut squash into "fries" and arrange on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle with garlic powder and sea salt.
*I just eye-balled how much of the seasoning I wanted to use.*
Bake for 35 minutes flipping halfway.

If you like yam fries,  I think you will dig squash fries. Super easy and delicious!

Anyways I will be back soon with some fishing photos and hopefully some more recipes.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment