Monday, January 16, 2012

Cheesy Quinoa Bites


I am still trying to figure out the perfect quinoa bites/burgers recipe.
I have tried two recipes now and have decided on some adaptations I am going to try again.
I may even try making them again this week.
Last night I tried Quinoa Risotto Bites from So Very Blessed
This recipe had you make a quinoa risotto that you baked in muffin tins.


I will let you pop over to So Very Blessed to get the recipe.
Here are some of my adapations that I will try next time.

*Add green onions into the mixture. I would add these when you add the cream cheese.
*I didn't include red peppers as I wasn't in the mood for them. I am happy that I didn't include them as I really liked the flavor of the bites as is.
*I added red pepper flakes and dried parsley
*Try using herb and garlic cream cheese instead of original cream cheese
*After combining all the ingredients, I will try rolling them into meat balls or mini pancakes and bake them is a dish or on a baking dish instead of doing it in a muffin tin. Even though I greased the tin, they didn't want to come out until they were cold.
*I may cut the amount of chicken broth I use down to half. I may make 3 cups of liquid with chicken broth AND water. I found the chicken broth added a salty taste, even though it was low sodium.

Thats all my changes for now. I will keep you posted on how it goes next time I try it out!!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment