Saturday, January 21, 2012

Energy Bites

The snow is starting to melt... I should say..the snow is washing away into a wet, slushy mess!! I was super happy that our street finally got plowed after three days of waiting...Im even more happy that the plow driver stopped right in front of our house with the massive pile of snow...NOT!!!
The end of my driveway is looking alot like a lake right now!
I am hoping for Spring...Summer and flip flops!!!

Anyways today I tried making these No-Bake Energy Bites. They were super easy and delicious.


I adapted the recipe a bit.

Ingredients:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup coconut flakes
1/2-3/4 cup cheerios (sorta crushed a bit)

Combine all the ingredients into a bowl. Mix well then refridgerate for 1 hour. Once chilled roll into balls. Will keep for 1 week in the fridge.

I would totally recommend trying these. The recipe calls for ground flaxseed, but I only had whole flax, so once I grind up a bunch of flaxseed I will add it into the mix.
These are a perfect snack to keep me going throughout the day!!

I am pretty excited about tomorrow. I am meeting some lovely ladies for breaky, then going to do some shopping with my mom!!

Only a few more days till Allen is home from camp, too! WOOHOO!
B


No comments:

Post a Comment