Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quinoa Salad and Muffins

I have managed to try a couple of new recipes this week. I am super pleased with the results of these recipes!

I always have a large amount of frozen bananas, taking up space in our freezer. I usually make banana bread or banana chocolate chip muffins, but I have been trying to cut down on the chocolate. I found this lovely recipe on pinterest for whole wheat banana nut muffins.


They were delicious and perfect for an afternoon snack! I am super pleased with another muffin recipe especially when they have no chocolate in them!!!


Another recipe I am tried this weekend was Quinoa Salad.
I found a recipe for Quinoa salad with pears, baby spinach, and chickpeas in a maple vinaigrette on pinterest and I instantly wanted to check it out.



I did adapt the recipe a bit.

Quinoa Salad

Ingredients:
Quinoa
Spinach or mixed greens
1 pear
1 apple
Walnuts or pecans

Dressing:
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp pure maple syrup

Combine the ingredients in a bowl. Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl. Then toss salad with dressing. Serve and enjoy!

If you are wanting to use this as leftovers or preparing ahead of time, hold off on dressing the salad. Also hold back the nuts and fruit until you are ready to eat.



Allen and I had this salad for dinner with a few perogies the other night, then last night I took the leftovers for dinner at work. It was delicious with the apples and pears!
I would definately try this recipe. I just played around with this salad to make it work for us!
Any good recipes you have tried lately?
B






No comments:

Post a Comment