Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cooking update..

I have to first give a shout out to the boyfriend. He cooked dinner tonight. It was really nice to not have to think about what to cook tonight. We had steak (which was delicious especially since I dont remember the last time I ate steak), prawns and veggies. He did pretty good.

Anyways here are a couple of recipes that I have tried recently.

One I found on the Two Peas and their Pod blog. I made these delicious Lemon Sugar cookies and I cannot take credit for the photo. They were absolutely delicious. The recipe yields 3 dozen cookies, but I believe I made them a little too big as they spread out alot while baking. So I would definately make them the correct measurement when putting them on a baking sheet.


My other recipe post is for my weightwatcher hummus. Super easy and I love this recipe.

1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
*I added red pepper chili flakes and some epicure herb and garlic seasoning.
In a food processor or blender, puree all the ingredients until blended, but still a little chunky. This can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
B



No comments:

Post a Comment