Honey Mustard Marinade
2 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp water
1 tbsp parsley (freshly chopped or dried)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Combine and let your pork chops or chicken marinade for 6 to 8 hours. Bake or bbq till cooked through.
*The recipe suggests boiling the leftover marinade in a skillet then drizzle over the meat.
Another thing I wanted to add was that a few friends have suggested incorporating Hemp Seed Hearts into your diet. I looked online to see where they sold the product in my town and I had success. I bought a 1 lb bag for $14 dollars so its a little expensive, but you only use 4 tbsps. It is recommended on yogurt with fruit, salads and even adding it to your spaghetti sauce. Its tasteless so it can be combined in different places.
Here are some of the benefits of Hemp Seed Heart.
- Arthritis: The proteins and enzymes in hemp hearts help soothe the inflammation and reduce the swelling in many forms of arthritis.
- High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol: Left untreated, these serious health risks could lead you to having a stroke or heart attack. When used consecutively for three months, you'll notice a reduction in your cholesterol and blood pressure levels, which decreases your risk of stroke.
- Digestion and Constipation: If you suffer from frequent digestive or intestinal problems, you'll be pleased to know that hemp seeds help regulate the digestive system, and are easy to digest at any age! The coarse fibers and plant sterols found in hemp hearts may also decrease your risk of colon or prostrate cancer.
- Diabetes, Food Allergies or Intolerances: If you're unable to eat digest gluten (a form of wheat), lactose or other forms of sugars, hemp hearts are a godsend! You can have a nutritionally superior diet to that of your sugar-laden friends, and enjoy a greater feeling of fullness and satisfaction without having to worry about problem foods. Hemp hearts also contain no THC.
- Chronic Fatigue: If you're feeling tired all the time, your diet may be to blame! Hemp hearts are packed with proteins that give your body energy to burn! Bring back that youthful vitality and become more productive!