Monday, July 4, 2011

Learn to run

Happy Monday everyone!
Last night was open air theatre night with Amanda......M and G also showed up to watch the show. I thought it would be a good idea to get there an hour early to try and beat some of the crowds and to get a good spot. Well I should have paid attention to the start time...and when it actually gets dark. Amanda and I got to our spot at 7:30 and I don't think the movie started till 9:45. By that time...our butts were damp from the grass...and we were getting antsy. I enjoyed the movie but as soon as Rio was over, we were outta there!


Today has been fairly productive. I have cut the lawns, fertilized the backyard, booked a couple campsites on beautiful Quadra Island and changed our TV plan (I cut down to the "light" choice as I need to stop watching so much tv!).
I am getting very excited for summer! These are my plans (so far) for summer:
  • Camping, camping, camping! Allen and I have already planned two camping trips..
  • Chemainus Theatre with my mom and aunt
  • Helping my bro move into his NEW house
  • Lots of day trips with Amanda... trips to Hornby, Denman, Coombs are on our list..
  • Kings of Leon concert (I know its in September...but I can't help but be excited for it)
  • Lots of reading
  • Starting my 10k training. Court, Morgs, Anthem and I decided we would try and do the Times Colonist 10k next year! I found a learn to run a 10k online...so I am hoping to start that today!
  • Picnics at the beach
  • Fishing
  • And of course, lots of blogging, cooking, and photography...

So thats my summer lineup so far...

Some questions for you...
Any tips for running a 10k?

What are your summer plans?
B


1 comment:

  1. that looks like so much fun! glad you enjoyed the movie! lovin' your summer plans- I'm so sad I will be missin out on camping :(

    ReplyDelete