Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An introduction

I would like to introduce you to a new addition to our household. Blog world meet jade tree.



We recently brought this giant tree home and gave her a place by our big window. Im trying really hard to transplant her so that I can pass the love...or should I say..pass the money tree along.

Last night I tried this delicious chicken recipe and it turned out pretty good. I did change it a bit as I didn't have any sesame oil and I didn't have chicken thighs. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I added a bit of cornstarch to thicken the marinade up. Then I bbq'd the chicken till they were all done. I served it up with a greek pasta salad.


Tonight we are having halibut with salad and yams :) I am trying really hard with my eating again..(refocussing my efforts). I was watching Rachael Ray yesterday and Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser was on. He reminded all the fewers that if you want to lose weight around the waist, proper eating will help with this more than exercise alone. I would love to trim down the middle section so I am trying REALLY hard to be more conscious of what I am eating. Check out Bob Harper's spicy stirfry that he made while on the show.



Not that this is good eating, but I am making these cookies on Friday. I thought since it was Easter, it would be a good excuse for making some mini egg cookies. Don't worry I won't have to worry about eating good while they are sitting on my counter. We have two Easter dinners to go to, so I am going to bring them along and give away :). I love get togethers. Such a good excuse for baking or cooking without the guilt of eating it all.

Have a good day...even if its pouring!!!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment