Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Bowl Muffins

I haven't posted any baking recipes in awhile so I thought I would post this delicious muffin recipe. I can't remember where I found this recipe but its great for two reasons. You just throw all the ingredients into one bowl and mix (less dishes is always a plus) and second, you can throw whatever add ins you want!



Basic All Bran Muffins:

2 cups all bran flakes (I used bran buds)
2 eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup milk
Plus any add-ins

Combine all ingredients into one bowl and mix until just combined.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until just golden brown and cooked through.

Possible add ins:
1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
1/4 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1 cup mashed banana (usually 2 or 3 bananas)
1 cup grated carrots

This is my second time making these muffins. First time I just used raisins...this time I just did 1 banana and 1 cup grated carrots. Love these muffins with the banana and carrots!

Hope you get a chance to make these. I am off to go get ready for work... TOCing again today!
B

1 comment:

  1. love the blog design! and these muffins look yummy! I will add them to my "favourites"

    ReplyDelete