Sunday, June 26, 2011

Turkey lurkey...

I have been busy baking, cooking and painting! :) Friday night after TOCing and taking the pooch to the dog park, I came home to make my version of turkey spinach burgers.

For my turkey burgers I threw some spinach, spices, and bread crumbs together. Then added some bbq sauce and an egg. I bbq'd them and them enjoyed!


After work on Saturday, I decided to paint the master bath in our house. I used leftover paint from our living room and changed up my shower curtain. The verdict? I love my bathroom! A change in color was exactly what the room needed. Now I want to continue with the rest of the house.

I have been busy baking already this morning. My parents are coming up this afternoon to help me with some yard work...so I am going to bribe...or I mean repay them with cookies! I made these cookie bars from Two Peas & Their Pod.



All I gotta say is "YUM". So delicious and really easy to make. My only comment would be that I wouldn't add the sea salt. They give the option of putting sea salt on top of the cookie bar. Too much salt. I was hoping it would add a bit of crunch...not so. Rookie mistake. Too much salt, but still good. Anyways I would definately give the recipe a try if you are looking for something sweet!

My plan for the day:
  • Yard work with the parental units. This consists of putting chicken wire up around my garden. I am hoping this is only temporary to teach Emma to stay out of the garden. She likes to do her high speed laps around the backyard through my garden, crushing them. Not impressed. Oh the other reason...so she stops digging in my garden! ;) Oh how I love dogs! We are also going to cut the lawn. I am nervous to cut the front lawn after all our hydroseeding...I don't want to be the one to wreck the yard!
  • Meet with a co-worker for some Booster Juice. We have some epicure and summer work stuff to discuss.
  • Walk, walk, walk! (Or a jog if I can get my butt moving)
  • Making chicken with stuffed spinach for dinner. I have some leftover spinach so I thought I'd use it up with chicken. I am going to fly by the seat of my pants to figure this one out!
What are your Sunday plans?
B

No comments:

Post a Comment